The T50-k is a professional impedance matching transfomer that allows a low impedance microphone (100-600 Ohms) to be connected to a high impedance input (10k-50k Ohms).
A typical application for the T-50k would be if one wanted to plug a low impedance microphone directly into the high impedance input of a guitar amplifier for either vocals or harmonica
In this case, one would plug the XLR-male connector of the microphone cable directly into the XLR-femal connector of the T-50k. The 1/4" connector of the T50-k would then plug directly into the input of the guitar amplifier.
The T50-k may be used with long microphone cable helping to prevent loss of signal, degradation of frequency response, and extraneous hum or noise.
- T50-k Transformer
- Rugged, Road Worthy Construction
- Long-Life Gold Plated Connectors
- 7MM Rubber Jacketed Cable Interface
- Heavy Duty Strain Relief
- Frequency Response:...20Hz-20kHz
- Impedance:...(Low Impedance Side)600 Ohms ±15% @ 1kHz 1V
- Impedance:...(High Impedance Side)50,000 Ohms ±15% @ 1kHz 1V
- DC Resistance:...(Low Impedance Side)155 Ohms ± 10%
- DC Resistance:...(High Impedance Side)2250 Ohms ±10%
- Voltage Ratio @1kHz 1V:...Low Z to High Z...+17.5dB
- Voltage Ratio @1kHz 1V:...High Z to Low Z...-17.7dB