Summit Audio 2BA-221
- $679.00 $749.00
- Availability: In Stock
Introducing the 2BA-221 continuously variable impedance microphone preamp from Summit Audio. Featuring microphone
level, line level, and Hi-Z instrument inputs, the 2BA-221 utilizes separate and individually controlled solid state
inputs to mix the microphone input with the Hi-Z or line input into the variable vacuum tube stage. Mix the signals through
the 12AX7A/ECC83 vacuum tube output or output them separately through multiple solid state outputs.
The 2BA-221 also features a stackable input design; multiple 2BA-221’s can be linked together to form a modular mixing device with individual outs, inserts per channel, and a final vacuum tube gain stage. Its swept high pass filter, multiple simultaneous tube and solid state outputs, insert jack, and internal power supply makes the 2BA-221 a powerful tracking and mixing tool.
- 2BA-221 Preamplifier
- Power Cord
- User Manual
- Professional Recording Studio
- Stage Performance
- Home Studio
- Full-plate voltage matters: The proper amount of voltage to a tube and solid-state circuit can make all the difference in the quality of the sound. The 2BA-221 is made with the highest quality full-voltage tube and solid-state signal paths and the best components available. The 2BA-221 even has a separate, dedicated power source for its 48V phantom power, and does not draw current away from the main circuits.
- Let signal flow: Integrating the 2BA-221 into your studio or live rig is easy given the comprehensive selection of input and output options provided. We designed the connections of the 2BA-221 with creative options in mind.
- Variable tube output control: Another really cool feature is its variable tube output control, which provides access to a huge variety of tones, from clean solid state to rich harmonics and all sorts of variations in between. What a benefit to have one preamp and still have the advantages of many different sounds! The 2BA-221’s single 12AX7A Tube provides rich, warm tone and is easy to find and replace.
- Really well built: The Summit Audio design philosophy considers the entire package when it comes to crafting gear. We pay special attention to the details of construction and have included many refinements over the years so units are durable enough to handle the rigors of the road. That is one of the reasons why you will find Summit gear on tour with many of today’s top touring acts around the world.
- Hand-crafted in the USA: Each piece of Summit gear is meticulously crafted by hand in our shop using only the best quality components and attention to detail. Quality components and engineering know-how are the critical element to the sound and longevity of audio gear.
- Size and Weight
- Height:1.75 inches (4.44 cm)
- Width:8.5 inches (21.59 cm)
- Depth:7.42 inches (21.59 cm)
- Weight:7 pounds (3.15 kg)
- Mic Input: +4 dB female XLR
- Line Input: -10 dB 1/4" balanced
- Outputs: +4 dB male XLR and 1/4" -10 dB balanced
- Stacking Input/Output: -10 dB balanced
- Max input level
- Mic: -16dBu
- Line: 22dBu
- Hi-Z: 15dBu
- Input Impedance
- Mic: 1.5K ohms
- Hi-Z: 10K-1.75M ohms
- Output impedance (XLR): 150 ohms