Audix i5 Multi-Purpose Dynamic Cardioid Microphone
Designed, assembled and tested by Audix in the USA, the i5 is a dynamic instrument microphone used for stage, studio and broadcast applications. The i5 is able to handle sound pressure levels in excess of 140 dB without distortion and can be used to mic a wide variety of musical instruments, guitar and bass cabinets, vocals and speech.
The i5 is characterized with a cardioid pickup pattern for isolation and feedback control and is equipped with a VLM™ (Very Low Mass) diaphragm for natural, accurate sound reproduction.
The i5 is sturdy, compact and easy to position. With a wide frequency response of 50 Hz - 16 kHz, the i5 provides clear, accurate, natural sound reproduction without having to rely on EQ.
Roadworthy construction includes a precision cast zinc alloy body, steel grill, black e-coat finish, laser etched model and serial number, Switchcraft® XLR connector and includes a heavy duty nylon mic clip.
- i5 Multipurpose Mic
- Heavy duty nylon clip (MC1)
- Carrying pouch (P1)
- Live stage
- Snare, Toms, Percussion
- Guitar cabinets, Electric instruments
- Bass cabninets
- Brass, flute, woodwinds
- Acoustic instruments
- Vocals, speech
- Clear and accurate sound reproduction
- Handles high SPL without distortion
- Provides exceptional isolation on stage
- Precision cast zinc alloy body and grill
- 5 year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Transducer Type:...Dynamic
- Frequency Response:...50Hz-16kHz
- Polar Pattern...Cardioid
- Output Impedance:...150 ohms
- Capsule Technology:...VLM Type B
- Off Axis Rejection:...>23dB
- Maximum SPL:...>140dB
- Power Requirements:...None
- Connector:...3-pin XLR male
- Polariy:...Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
- Housing/Finish...Diecast Zinc Alloy/Black E-coat
- Weight:...6.5 ounces (183g)
- Length:...5.6 in (141.5mm)