Audix FireBall™ Dynamic Cardioid Instrument Microphone
Ultra-small high performance, dynamic harmonica microphone. Designed, machined, assembled and tested by Audix in the USA, the FireBall™ is a professional dynamic instrument microphone intended for harmonica (both diatonic and chromatic) and beatbox. Clear, accurate and capable of handling sound pressure levels in excess of 140 dB without distortion, the FireBall™ is ideally suited for both live stage and studio recording applications.
The FireBall™ is characterized with a cardioid pickup pattern for isolation and feedback control and is equipped with a VLM™ (Very Low Mass) diaphragm for natural sound reproduction with exceptional transient response. With a smooth, uniform frequency response of 50 Hz - 16 kHz, the FireBall™ is lightweight, compact, and comfortable to hold.
Roadworthy construction includes a precision machined aluminum body, steel mesh grill, unique three stage marbled anodized finish, laser etched model and serial number, Switchcraft® XLR connector, and heavy duty nylon clip.
The FireBall™ is a low impedance microphone; when using the FireBall™ with a guitar amplifier, a high quality low-high impedance transformer (such as T50K) is required.
- Audix Fireball
- Live Stage
- Fits comfortably in the palm of the hand
- Handles “cupping” without impacting sound quality
- Full size dynamic capsule
- Clear and accurate sound reproduction
- High SPL handling without distortion
- Exceptional gain before feedback
- Provides excellent isolation from other instruments on stage
- Precision machined aluminum body
- 5 year Manufacturers Warranty
- Transducer Type: ...Dynamic
- Polar Pattern:...Cardiod
- Frequency Response:...50Hz-16kHz
- Impedance:....150 ohms
- Sensitivity:...1.5mV/Pa @1kHz
- Capsule Technology...VLM Type B
- Off Axis Rejection:...≥23 dB
- Maximum SPL:...≥140 dB
- Power Requirements:...None
- Connector:...3-pin XLR Male
- Polarity:...Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
- Housing / Finish:...Machined Aluminum/Anodized
- Weight:...4.5 oz (128 g)
- Length:...3.05 in (77.5 mm)